Saturday, February 2, 2013

A dip into sci-fi

Oof, so I'm apparently terribad about updating blogs unless it's tumblr?

So that whole playing around with sci-fi armor with Aaren ended up blowing up into yet another story that I will likely do nothing with but WHATEVER! Excuses to have more characters to draw! Also, I blame all of this on Mass Effect.



One of these days I'm going to have to really sit down and type all this stuff out proper because it actually does help with getting ideas done for something with me, even if it takes forever to finish. 

ANYHOO, Aaren's now been joined by three squad mates: Phoebe - the overly enthusiastic engineer who signed up for service specifically because it involves space and space means new tech and new tech means more fun things to play with, Mikki - The well intended sniper who tries his best to financially help his family back home, and Carver - who previously served with Aaren before her taking leave and all too relieved to see a face that isn't overtly youthful and unnecessarily enthusiastic or eager to rush into war.

I'm currently stuck work only in black and white until I get a new computer since colors and high res images kind of make my computer die. Spent the day trying to come up with cohesive uniforms and finalizing their armors, though I do have to redo Mikki and Carver's to be more appropriate for their specialties (specifically Carver who needs something that looks a bit more durable than what he has currently). But as of now, am pretty happy with Phoebe and Aaren's base and field uniforms and plan to start painting those soon, though I do need to also give them civilian outfits too (ooooooooooooo semi-futuristic fashion oooooOOooooooo). 

Admittedly, part of my sticking so closely to this project is just because I can't really work on anything else that's more developed since my computer can't handle any of it ): Luckily, new computer is expected to happen in about 1-2 weeks (and a Cintiq shortly after that!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH) so set backs are luckily more on the exceptionally temporary side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

damn, thats hardcore :D