Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Her Tamer
She stood at the tip of the rock that jutted out over the iridescent water. Slowly, she allowed her fur cloak that, up until this point, always seemed to be a permanent extension of herself, fall around her feet. She smirked, canines revealing hungrily.
Though he knew the appropriate thing was to look away as she seemed to shed layer after layer, but her exhibitionist attitude and complete confidence only ushered stronger enthusiasm from his gaze.
"Being, are you scared?" Her voice was hauntingly smooth.
He chuckled, "No. But ever so enticed."
______________________
For anyone who's known me closely over the last 6 years, they've likely seen/heard me talk about this big ol' huge comic book idea that I just had to force myself to stop working on because the world just got too large for me to control. It was a very common case of an idea just consuming it's creator so I just put it on the back burner over the last ... 2-ish or so years, give or take. At any rate, since Narcoleptic Insomnia is going to start being roughed out in entirety, I've decided to bring back my oldest baby and start to properly set up the skeleton before trying to put all the meat together. Part of doing this is actually working on the Mythology in the story which originally, though was actually incredibly crucial to the story that was being told, was actually just in the background and never properly developed, so here's the first step of it.
This is Rhett and Ylva, a god and goddess in my story, this is also the start to my 30 theme challenge that I'm making myself do in order to help expand my artistic skills but also hone in on my own ability to illustrate a clear moment. The Theme/Word for this illustration was 'warrior'. Originally I was going to do a typical 'rrrr I R Warrior" type of illustration but I decided to turn a bit on my heels and go for something a bit more vulnerable looking, and here's the product.
This is when they first meet in the story after a hunting 'incident' (for lack of a better term), and right before she rips that massive blade out of his shoulder and tends to his wound.
I'm not 100% happy with this, I still feel like I need to do some ever so minor tweaking just to make it a bit stronger, but for now, I'm quite pleased since this is a pretty large departure from what I normally do though a lot closer to what it is that I prefer to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow - amazing work
really great.
Post a Comment